In this document:
In this guide, we’re going to show you how to edit team member profiles and set custom working hours.
Use this guide to:
- Add, Delete or Restore team members
- Edit their profile information
- Check what appointment types are tied to each team member
To learn more about how to fully set up the Team feature: Setup Team Booking.
Add, Delete or Restore Team Members
First, head on over to the Team settings under the SSA settings page. If it’s grey, toggle it on.
Add a Team Member
To add a team member, click on the +Add New Team Member button. This should open a screen where you can enter their email address.
- Existing Users: If you enter a user’s email of an existing WordPress user on your site, their information will automatically transfer over in the following screen.
- New Users: If you enter an email not yet associated with a WordPress user, you’ll need to fill in the rest of their information in the following screen.
Delete or Restore a Team Member
Team members can be in 1 of 3 states:
- Active: Can receive new bookings
- Inactive: Cannot receive new bookings, but their profile still exists and an admin can restore it
- Deleted: Cannot receive new bookings and their profile no longer exists
Inactive Team Members
SSA does not assign new bookings to inactive users. This is useful if there’s ever a situation where the teammate needs to step out of the system for a while without completely deleting their profile in SSA.
Use the cog on the right side of the Team View listings and use the Make Inactive button.
Delete Or Restore Team Member
To completely delete a Team Member, you’ll first need to make them inactive using the cog button on the right side of the Team listing.
Next, go to the Team View dropdown and click on Team – inactive.
And, to permanently delete a Team Member profile, click the right side cog and use the dropdown to select the Delete option.
Or, use that same right side cog dropdown to make the user active again.
Edit Team Member Profiles
In the team member listing, click the one you’d like to edit or use the cog on the right-hand side to click the Edit button.
You’ll now see the Team Member profile screen which includes their Contact and Availability information.
- Name: Team Member’s Name
- Display name: What the plugin uses to display the Team member name
- Email: The email the plugin uses to send Team Member notifications
(Only for connected WordPress Users) Give the Team Member permission to manage their own:
- Blackout Dates
- Working Hours
- Google Calendar sync
- Appointment Types: Checklist of all the appointment types that this Team Member can take on (Note: this only includes the appointment types that have the Team settings turned on)
- Blackout Dates: A direct link to the screen where you can edit this Team Member’s blackout dates
- Working Hours: Choose whether you want this team member to be available during the default working hours or set custom hours.
Custom Working Hours
When a team member has Custom Working Hours selected, it will potentially change the availability for the booking calendar.
A custom schedule would only allow bookings when the teammate AND appointment type are available. It makes only the overlapping time slots appear on the booking calendar.
Overlapping Working Hours Example
For example, if you have an appointment type with availability from 1 PM to 5 PM, and your teammate has availability from 3 PM to 7PM.
The booking calendars’ actual availability will only show time slots between 3 PM to 5 PM.
Now, if you introduce another Teammate with custom working hours between 12 PM and 1 PM, the overlapping functionality still applies.
The actual availability changes from 1 PM – 2 PM and 3 PM – 5 PM.
File a support ticket with our five-star support team to get more help.