Our team is growing! Check out our available opportunities and apply to work with us.
QA-Focused Customer Support
About N Squared:
We’re a tiny company building user-friendly and powerful WordPress plugins. We built our first plugin in 2014 and have built four others since.
N Squared was founded and is run by Nathan Tyler and Natalie MacLees. We enjoy flexible work schedules and a flat organization structure where everyone’s opinion matters and everyone’s work is valuable and acknowledged.
We enjoy interacting with our customers, having fun, and enjoy coming to work every day.
Our plugins are highly rated and well-liked, and we pride ourselves on offering best-in-class support to our customers.
Our promise to our customers is that their success and satisfaction is our number one priority. We work hard to live up to that promise by responding quickly to every new issue with the intent to get a resolution as quickly as possible.
But, with the fast turnover for bug fixes, we also need help from someone who can help us maintain the high-quality of our plugins.
Currently, we are looking for people who can meet and exceed those expectations and also with experience in Quality Assurance (QA).
- Designing test plans, scenarios, and procedures.
- Assist with troubleshooting, working with the development team to correct bugs and errors
- Analyzing test results and reporting to the development team.
- Respond courteously to customer inquiries with detailed and understandable technical steps
- Reproduce and document bugs and file tickets.
- QA and automation experience — WordPress plugins preferred
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills – someone who’s not afraid to ask questions
- Very comfortable with all aspects of WordPress. Plugins, themes, basic plugin troubleshooting. And, excellent ability to provide thorough instructions to WordPress users.
- Familiar with setting up a local environment
- Self-motivated, self-disciplined, and strong eagerness to learn and able to learn quickly
- Ability to receive personal feedback and apply it for continual improvement
- Either native English speaker or EC2 certified proficiency, we require strong verbal and written English skills
- Adequate space to work from home while maintaining productivity and confidentiality.
- Necessary office equipment to work remotely
- Secure, reliable, and private Internet connection.
For this position we are currently seeking primarily US-based candidates who can work consistent hours. We are located in Los Angeles, California, but are happy to have customer support work remotely. We support our team working anywhere that suits them in the world, as long as strong communication can be maintained via Slack and your tasks are fully completed every work day.
Up to $20/hour, depending on experience
Test our plugin and ensure each release meets our high-quality expectations.
Help our plugin users with various technical and usability issues.
Collaborate with our team via Slack. Work closely with the founders/developers.
Enjoy a flexible work schedule and work from home.
Join a fun and growing team
- Fill out our application form and book an interview
- If all goes well with the interview, we would offer you a paid 1-week trial