In this document:
Sometimes settings cause missing time slots in your Booking Calendar. You’ll need this guide to help you double-check settings to show your correct availability in Simply Schedule Appointments.
What You May Be Seeing
- “There are no available appointments” – All the time slots are missing
- Missing time slots in your availability
Quick Fix Checklist for No Available Appointments or Missing Time Slots
- Availability Calendar: The time slots won’t show up if they’re not long enough for the Appointment Duration + Buffers.
- Availability Window: No time slots will appear outside that date range, even if there could be some overlap.
- Notice Required: Clients visiting your Booking Calendar will not be able to see time slots that fall within the Notice Required range.
- Advance: Clients cannot book beyond the Advance range.
- Booking Window: Time slots won’t show up when a client visits your Booking Calendar on a day outside the Booking Window range.
- Per Day Limit: Booking days that meet this limit, won’t show any more time slots for that specific day.
- Google Calendar: Google Calendar events blocks off time slots in your Booking Calendar.
- Capacity: Time slots who meet this max booking limit don’t show up to your clients.
- Independent Availability: By default, booked time slots in one Appointment Type blocks off the same times on other Appointment Types.
Does the Availability Calendar have time slots that can fit your Appointment Duration + Buffers?
Add these times up:
- Appointment Duration, under the Basics tab
- Appointment Buffer, under the Scheduling Options tab
The Availability Calendar, under the Availability tab, is an interactive setting. You can visually set the time that you’ll accept appointments. The time slots won’t show up if they’re not long enough for the Appointment Duration + Buffers.
For example: Let’s pretend you’ve set a 30 minute appointment with 15 minute buffers before and after. There needs to be at least one block of time longer or the same size as 1 hour.
When the blocks are less than an hour long, the time slots won’t show up on your calendar.
Do the missing appointments fall outside of the Availability Window range?
The Availability Window, under the Availability tab, is the date range that Appointments show on your Booking Calendar. No time slots will appear outside that date range, even if there could be some overlap.
For example: Let’s assume you’ve setup the range to be between 2 PM May 20th and 2 PM May 21st.
You can’t have a 2-hour appointment at 1 PM on May 21st. It won’t show up as a time slot on your calendar because there can’t be overlap.
You’d need to stretch the Availability Window to 3 PM on May 21st to make this time slot show up.
Do the missing appointments fall within the Notice Required range?
The Notice Required, under the Scheduling Options tab, helps you avoid last minute appointments. Setting this will give you some time to prepare for new appointments.
The Notice Required range limits clients to see time slots that fall within the range. Even if there could be some overlap.
For example: If you’ve set a Notice Required range for 1 day, the calendar won’t show time slots for the next 24 hours. Time slots falling in between the cut-off time don’t show.
Do the missing appointments fall outside the Advance range?
The Advance setting, under the Scheduling Options tab, helps you limit how far into the future a client can book an appointment. The Advance range limits clients to see time slots beyond the range.
For example: If you’ve set Advance to 3 days, the only time slots that will appear on the calendar are the ones that fall within the next 3 days (or 72 hours).
Are you looking at the Booking Calendar outside of the Booking Window range?
The Booking Window, under the Scheduling Options tab, is the date range where a client can see time slots. Time slots won’t show up when a client visits your Booking Calendar on a day outside the Booking Window range.
For example: Let’s pretend you’ve setup the range to be between May 1st and May 2nd. If it’s March 30th, you won’t see any time slots until May 1st.
Per Day Limit
Have you met the Per Day Limit for that day?
The Per Day Limit setting, under the Scheduling Options tab, helps you limit the bookings you can accept each day. Booking days that have met the limit won’t show anymore time slots for that specific day.
Do you need your Appointment Types to work Independently from each other?
By default, all the Appointment Types depend on each other, this is to avoid double-booking between your Appointment Types. If you’re expecting the Appointment Types to work independently you may see missing time slots.
So, if there’s a new booking from 10AM to 11AM, it blocks off all the time slots for that hour-long duration in other Appointment Types too.
Here is a guide with more information on how to switch to Independent Appointment Types.
Have the time slots met their Max Capacity Limit?
The Capacity setting, under the Basics tab, limits the bookings you can accept for each time slot. Time slots who meet the limit don’t show up anymore.
Find more information on how to use this feature in our Capacity guide.
Does your Google Calendar have open time slots long enough to hold the Appointment Duration + Buffers?
When Google Calendar syncs, Google Calendar Events can block off your Booking Calendar time slots.
Note: Google Tasks and Reminders will not affect your time slots in Simply Schedule Appointments.
File a support ticket with our five-star support team to get more help.