In this document:
Sometimes settings cause missing time slots in your Booking Calendar. You’ll need this guide to help you double-check settings to make sure you’re showing the correct availability in your booking calendars.
What You May Be Seeing
- “There are no available appointments”
- “This appointment type cannot be booked at this time” – Skip to the Booking Window section!
- Missing time slots in your availability
Quick Fix Checklist for No Available Appointments or Missing Time Slots
- Availability Window: No time slots will appear outside that date range, even if there could be some overlap.
- Notice Required: Clients visiting your Booking Calendar will not be able to see time slots that fall within the Notice Required range.
- Advance: Clients cannot book beyond the Advance range.
- Booking Window: Time slots won’t show up when a client visits your Booking Calendar on a day outside the Booking Window range.
- Per Day Limit: Days that meet this limit, won’t show any more time slots for that specific day.
- Google Calendar: Google Calendar events blocks off time slots in your Booking Calendar.
- Capacity: Time slots who meet this max booking limit don’t show up to your clients.
- Independent Availability: By default, booked time slots in one Appointment Type blocks off the same times on other Appointment Types.
The Availability Window, under the Availability tab, is the date range in which time slots can be shown on your Booking Calendar.
No time slots will appear outside that date range, even if there could be some overlap. Do the missing time slots fall outside of the Availability Window range?
For example: Let’s assume you’ve set up the range to be between 2 PM May 20th and 2 PM May 21st. All the available time slots will show up within that time period. Anything outside of that is unavailable even if there’s overlap.
The Notice Required, under the Scheduling Options tab, helps you avoid last-minute appointments. Setting this will give you some time to prepare for new appointments.
The Notice Required range limits clients to see time slots that fall within the range. Even if there could be some overlap. Do the missing time slots fall within the Notice Required range?
For example: If you’ve set a Notice Required range for 3 days, the calendar won’t show time slots for the next 3 days (72 hours). Time slots falling in between the cut-off time don’t show either.
The Advance setting, under the Scheduling Options tab, helps you limit how far into the future a client can book an appointment.
The Advance range limits clients from booking time slots beyond the specified range. Do the missing appointments fall outside the Advance range?
For example: If you’ve set Advance to 3 days, the only time slots that will appear on the calendar are the ones that fall within the next 3 days (or 72 hours). Anything beyond that will be unavailable.
The Booking Window, under the Scheduling Options tab, is the date range where a client can see time slots. All of the time slots won’t show up when a client visits your Booking Calendar on a day outside the Booking Window range. Are you looking at the Booking Calendar outside of the Booking Window range?
If you’re missing time slots because of the Booking Window, you’re likely seeing this message, “This appointment type cannot be booked at this time”.
For example: Let’s pretend you’ve set up the range to be between May 1st and May 2nd. If it’s March 30th, you won’t see any time slots until May 1st.
Per Day Limit
The Per Day Limit setting, under the Scheduling Options tab, helps you limit the bookings you can accept each day.
Days that have met the limit won’t show any more time slots for that specific day. Have you met the Per Day Limit for that day?
By default, all the Appointment Types depend on each other, this is to avoid double-booking between your Appointment Types. If you’re expecting the Appointment Types to work independently you may see missing time slots. Do you need your Appointment Types to work Independently from each other?
If there’s a new booking from 10 AM to 11 AM in one appointment type, it blocks off all the time slots for that hour-long duration in other Appointment Types too.
Here is a guide with more information on how to switch to Independent Appointment Types.
The Capacity setting, under the Basics tab, limits the bookings you can accept for each time slot. Time slots that meet the limit don’t show up anymore. Have the time slots met their Max Capacity Limit?
Find more information on how to use this feature in our Capacity guide.
When Google Calendar syncs with SSA to check for conflicts, your personal Google Calendar Events can block off your Booking Calendar time slots. Are there any personal events taking place during the missing time slots?
Google Tasks and Reminders will not affect your time slots in Simply Schedule Appointments.
File a support ticket with our five-star support team to get more help.