In this document:
With The Events Calendar + SSA integration, you’ll have the power to display beautiful event pages AND manage the availability for meetings at the same time.
This is the perfect integration for those who:
- Have monthly recurring events that they’d like to list separately (instead of all in a single calendar)
- Want to show all their appointment type events in a single calendar view (as opposed to showing them all in separate booking calendars)
- Offer sporadic availability on specific dates (instead of fixed weekly business hours)
This integration will work with both the Free and Pro Edition of The Events Calendar.
Events VS Appointments
They might seem like the same thing, but they’re actually different and require separate scheduling needs.
Appointments: An arrangement to meet someone at a particular time and place.
Events: A planned public or social occasion.
The overlap between these two is where this integration comes into play!
For example, a conference is a special occasion, but an appointment is needed if you’d like to schedule limited group classes throughout the conference day.
Or, another example, if you’re going to be in the office only on the first and last Mondays of the month but want to schedule 1:1 meetings with your clients throughout those two days.
How TEC + SSA Work Together
In SSA, you’ll need to set up an Appointment Type to create a booking calendar. TEC will act as the Availability Window to make sure you’re only displaying time slots for the specific time and day of your event.
Creating an Appointment Type in SSA
First, you’ll need to create an Appointment Type in SSA. This is what sums up your availability and the rules for your booking calendar.
We recommend you look through this Appointment Type Settings guide to see which settings best apply to your scheduling situation.
Some tips that will be helpful, specifically for this integration, are:
- Pay close attention to the Notice required setting, it’s 1 day by default, just make sure and see if that’s what you need.
- If you’re running a class, use the Capacity setting.
- Turn on the Independent Availability if you plan on creating multiple Appointment Types and Events with times that overlap, that way they don’t block each other off.
- Make sure to set the SSA Appointment Timezone as ‘Locked’ to avoid confusion with the Event time and Booking Calendar time potentially mismatching.
- You can use the same Appointment Type for multiple Events in TEC.
Creating an Event in TEC with an SSA Booking Calendar
First, you’ll need to open the Events page in the WordPress Dashboard. Next, you’ll need to Add New.
Setting Up the Event
To make this Event compatible with SSA, you’ll need to make sure you do the following things.
Add Our Dedicated TEC Shortcode to the Page
To add in the SSA booking calendar, use the following shortcode:
Where you’ll need to replace the appointment-type-slug-here with the Slug from your appointment type.
If you’re using a page builder like Elementor or Divi, you can add the shortcode to a Text module.
Set the Time & Date Fields in the Event Settings
These fields are going to decide the Availability Window for the SSA booking calendar.
This will let you choose a date range for when to show time slots. A customer looking at your Booking Calendar can only see time slots within these chosen dates and times.
What the Final Event Looks Like
After publishing your event, you should now be able to book directly from one of The Events Calendars pages. The Event will have its own booking page that will include the SSA booking calendar.
File a support ticket with our five-star support team to get more help.
File a ticket
One-Off Event Setup
After the Setup Wizard
Installing a New Premium Edition
Display the Booking Calendar on Your Site