In this document:
- How to Receive Support
- Bug Fixes
- Questions We Love To Answer
- Unsupported Plugin Issues
- “I need to add extra functionality.” or “I modified the plugin code and broke it, can you fix my code?”
- “I would like to integrate the plugin with a third-party plugin, theme, or service.”
- “Your plugin is currently doing X. Please help me modify the code to make it do Y.”
- “Can you write me a custom CSS snippet or modify an existing PHP snippet?”
- “How do I set X up in WordPress/my site.”
Simply Schedule Appointments’ plugin support is here to help you set up the latest product version as advertised. We have a dedicated support team that’s happy to answer all of your questions related to setup, feature suggestions, or concerns.
Our response time varies, with most tickets getting an initial response within one business day. And we generally provide support Monday-Friday. We’ll respond by the following business day if you email over a weekend or holiday.
We do not provide either live chat or phone-based support. Our Support Email is the best and fastest place to seek help.
How to Receive Support
All customers (free and paid) are welcome to contact our support team. We have a variety of ways for you to reach out to us. This includes:
- One-click support within the plugin, where you can send us your setting information for the quickest support!
- The “Ask us a question” button on the Help Center’s search bar
- The “Still Stuck?” section at the end of each guide in the Help Center
- Logging in to your SSA account and submitting a ticket under the “Get Support” tab
Free Basic Edition
Customers using our Free Basic edition also have the option to reach out through our WordPress.org plugin forum. We monitor these forums daily.
If we discover a bug affecting your plugin install, we will create a work ticket for our team to continue troubleshooting, and we will try our best to release a fix for it in the upcoming maintenance release.
The biggest challenge with bugs is reproducing the problem consistently enough for us to track it down. Because of that, the ETA for bug fixes depends on a couple of different factors, including:
- the severity of the bug,
- how many customers is this affecting and
- how many other bug tickets do we have in the queue?
It’s hard to guarantee turnaround time for bugs, but if you can provide us with credentials, details, steps to reproduce, etc., this can make the troubleshooting process a lot shorter!
If you’d like to speed up the troubleshooting process, you can email us details regarding login credentials.
Questions We Love To Answer
We enjoy answering everything from SSA setup questions to whether this is a good fit for your business. For example:
- “Can you help me understand a certain feature and give me pointers on how to set it up?”
- “I’m trying to set up the plugin, but I’m experiencing difficulties. Could you help me sort this out?”
- “I followed the tutorial, but the plugin is not working as expected.”
- “Could you help me with my account?”
- “I require X, Y, and Z for a booking system. Is this a good fit?”
Unsupported Plugin Issues
As much as we’d like to make the plugin for everyone and work in every situation, we can’t extend our support for these types of requests:
“I need to add extra functionality.” or “I modified the plugin code and broke it, can you fix my code?”
Our support team is not equipped to handle this level of customization or troubleshoot custom code.
“I would like to integrate the plugin with a third-party plugin, theme, or service.”
As much as we’d like to help set up additional services to work with Simply Schedule Appointments, our team is just not equipped to handle support for other platforms, and we don’t have control over how their software works.
This includes services like Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics, Zapier, etc.
“Your plugin is currently doing X. Please help me modify the code to make it do Y.”
We’re happy to take feedback and add your suggestions to our to-do list, but we can’t always get around to all of our customer requests.
We don’t provide custom development, but we do offer sponsored development. If the functionality you’re looking for benefits 75% of our customer base and is already on our roadmap, please get in touch with us for more information.
Otherwise, if you aren’t a developer or don’t have time to write custom code, we partner with a great company that helps our customers do integrations and custom work. You can get more info and get a quote here.
“Can you write me a custom CSS snippet or modify an existing PHP snippet?”
You’re welcome to modify the plugin yourself or with the help of a developer using our CSS and PHP guides. But our support team is not equipped to handle this level of customization.
If you need help with these mini-customizations projects, we offer a separate service to help you accomplish these minor adjustments.
“How do I set X up in WordPress/my site.”
We can only provide support for Simply Schedule Appointments; we cannot extend support to other plugins or services that are out of our control. For example, we cannot support Google Analytics, Twilio, Mailchimp, etc.
File a support ticket with our five-star support team to get more help.
File a ticket
Plugin Update Errors
Plugin Access for the SSA Team
Plugin Support Tools
Generating a Purchase Invoice