In this document:
Create custom fields to collect tailored information when your customer book.
Custom fields included are checkboxes, radio buttons, multi-line text, single-line text, and phone numbers.
You can’t remove the Name and Email fields, every Appointment Type requires them.
When editing the custom fields for an Appointment Type, you’ll see that these two fields have disabled gray icons in front of them. You don’t have the option to re-order, edit, or delete these two fields.
Adding a New Field
To add a new field, click the + Add field button. A modal will open where you can add the details for your custom field.
The following fields are available:
- Label: Set the name of the field. Your customers will see this in the booking form and email notifications.
- Required: Check the box to make this field a requirement for completing the booking form. If left unchecked, it becomes an optional field.
- Type: This chooses how your customer interacts with the field.
- Single-Line Text: Best for short answers
- Multi-Line Text: Best for answers longer than a sentence
- Checkboxes: Best for selecting multiple options in a list
- Radios: Best for selecting a single option in a list
- Phone Number
- Values: If you chose Checkboxes or Radios this field will show up in the modal. Enter each option you’d like to list by entering each value on a new line.
- Icon: To display an icon next to the field name, choose on from the drop-down list.
- Instructions: This bit of helpful text will show up below the field in the booking form.
Click the Update button to save your settings and close the modal.
To add a clickable link into the field instructions you can use our <a> tag snippet.
This could be helpful for linking to another page with a consent form. Use this with a required checkbox to make your booking form GDPR compliant.
<a href="INSERT_URL_HERE" target="_blank"> INSERT_LINK_TEXT </a>
Editing a Field
To edit a custom field, click the cog icon to the right of the field.
This opens the field menu, where you can Click the Edit option.
Cloning a Custom Field
If you’re adding multiple fields with similar settings, you can save some time by cloning an existing field rather than creating new ones from scratch.
To clone an existing field, click the cog icon to the right of the custom field, then select Clone from the menu.
A copy of the field will open in a modal dialog where you can adjust the settings. After adjusting, click the Update button.
Deleting a Custom Field
To remove a field, click the cog icon to the right of an appointment type and select Delete from the menu.
Reordering Custom Fields
You can re-arrange your Custom fields into any order you like on the booking form. Excluding the Name and Email fields which will always remain as the first and second fields.
To re-order the fields, place your mouse over either the name of the field or the icon in front of the field. You’ll see the cursor change to the move cursor.
Click and drag the custom field up or down to its new position in the list.
Display a Custom Field in a Notification
Please click here to learn how to display a custom field in an email notification.
File a support ticket with our five-star support team to get more help.