In this document:
By default, Simply Schedule Appointments’ email notifications are pretty standard – black text on a white background. This guide will walk you through using the Email Templates plugin to create a custom email template.
Potential ways to use this:
- Add your own logo and header
- Change the background colors and text colors
- Use custom CSS
Note: If you’d like to change the Sender Name and Address, you’ll need to use another plugin, use our other guide to help you setup.
Install the Email Templates Plugin
The first step to create a custom email template is to install the Email Templates plugin from the WordPress Plugins page – don’t worry, it’s free!
Install and Activate the Email Templates plugin, it should look like this:
Customize Email Template
Once the plugin is enabled, it’s time to start customizing! Go to Appearance > Email Templates to see the full plugin settings.
You should see a screen like this:
To the left, you’ll see different options for customizing the template. To the right is a live preview of what your new email layout will look like. Let’s explore the available options:
- From Name: The name you want the email to display
- From Email: The email address where you want the email to be sent from
- Layout: Choose if you’d like a boxed layout (borders on sides of the email), or fullwidth (takes up the full area of the email)
- Email Body Size: Choose how wide you’d like the email format to be. Usually, the default of 680 is fine for most cases
- Background Color: Our first chance to add some color to your message! The color you choose here will display in the background of the email body.
- Custom CSS: This is an option field where you can add your own CSS styling if you wish.
- Logo: Click “Select image” to choose your logo
- Logo Text: Used as alternative text if your logo cannot be loaded in the email
- Alignment: Choose if you want your logo aligned left, right, or center
- Background Color: Choose the background color of the header
- Text Size: Choose the text size of the header
- Text Color: Choose the color of the alt text
- Background Color: Choose the background color of the email body
- Text Size: Choose the text size of the email body
- Text Color: Choose the text color of the email body
- Links Color: Choose the link color of the email body
- Footer Text: Enter the text you want to appear in the footer here.
- Alignment: Choose if you want your footer text aligned to the left, right, or center
- Background Color: Choose the background color of the footer
- Text Size: Choose the text size of the footer
- Text Color: Choose the text color of the footer
Send Test Email
Click the “Send” button to send a test message to the default admin email:
When you’re all finished with your changes, click “Publish” to save them.
And that’s it! You now have a beautiful new template design that you can use for emails with Simply Schedule Appointments and the rest of your WordPress site!
File a support ticket with our five-star support team to get more help.