Ever wanted to send a reminder email to your customers the day before their appointment to make sure they remember? If you’re a Pro Edition customer, now you can!
Today’s release includes the first part of our flexible reminders feature, which allows you to send out email reminders and email followups as needed. Here’s a quick look at how the reminders and followups work.
Pick a trigger
A reminder needs some kind of triggering event, so pick what the trigger should be. The options are:
- Appointment Booked
- A customer books an appointment. By default, Simply Schedule Appointments sends out a confirmation email to the customer and an email notification to the appointment admin at the time an appointment is booked.
- Appointment Edited
- A customer edits the information on their booking form.
- Appointment Canceled
- A customer cancels an appointment. By default, Simply Schedule Appointments sends out a confirmation email to the customer and an email notification to the appointment admin at the time an appointment is canceled.
- Time of appointment
- The time that the appointment actually happens.
Adjust the timing
Once you know what the trigger will be, you can adjust how long after the trigger a reminder will be sent. If the trigger is time of appointment, then you can also select an amount of time before the trigger. Some possibilities to ponder:
- Send a reminder email to your customer 24 hours before an appointment to remind them of their upcoming appointment.
- Send a followup email to your customer 24 hours after an appointment to ask them to complete a survey or write a review of your service.
- Send yourself a reminder email the day before an appointment so you remember to prepare.
Customize your message
Finally, you’ll want to add some custom touches to the email message. Remind your customer of their appointment details (duration, time, location, etc.), thank them for their business, encourage them to book another appointment, or ask them for some feedback about how things went. The content of each reminder is entirely up to you!
SMS coming soon!
We’re already hard at work on enabling SMS reminders and follow up messages, and we’re looking to get that released within the next month, so keep an eye out for our announcement and available update.