In this document:
Use our notifications feature to send out appointment reminders and follow-ups before or after an appointment. Here’s an overview of setting up a notification and the options available:
Select a trigger for your appointment reminder
A notification needs some kind of triggering event, so pick what the trigger should be. The options are:
- Appointment Booked
- A customer books an appointment. By default, Simply Schedule Appointments sends out a confirmation email to the customer and an email notification to the appointment admin.
- Appointment Edited
- A customer edits the information on their booking form.
- Appointment Canceled
- A customer cancels an appointment. By default, Simply Schedule Appointments sends out a confirmation email to the customer and an email notification to the appointment admin.
- Time of appointment
- The time that the appointment actually happens.
Adjust the timing of your appointment reminder
Once you know what the trigger will be, you can adjust how long after the trigger a reminder will be sent. If the trigger is time of appointment, then you can also select an amount of time before the trigger. Some possibilities to ponder:
- A reminder email to your customer 24 hours before an appointment to remind them of their upcoming appointment.
- A followup email to your customer 24 hours after an appointment to ask them to complete a survey or write a review of your service.
- A reminder email to yourself the day before an appointment so you remember to prepare.
Customize your message
Finally, you’ll want to add some custom touches to the email message. Remind your customer of their appointment details (duration, time, location, etc.), thank them for their business, encourage them to book another appointment, or ask them for some feedback about how things went. The content of each reminder is entirely up to you. We use Twig templating for the notifications and we’ve included some helpful information about that under the area where you edit your notification text.